From April to August, the ice is removed and the rink is converted to dry floor use (ball hockey, lacrosse, in-line hockey, trade shows, and special events).
Public Skate Information
- 50 and Better: 50 years and up
- Parent & Preschool: minimum Family rate is two child admissions ($6.10)
- Discount Skate: 50% off regular rate
- Family Fun Hockey: plastic sticks and pucks provided, helmet and gloves required, practice only.
- Adult Stick & Puck: 19 years and older, helmet and gloves required, all players must sign a waiver form. Practice only, no scrimmage or shinny. Must sign up at the rink office 30 minutes prior to start.
- Adult Co-ed Drop in Hockey: 19 years and older, same day reservations and full gear is required. Reserve your spot by calling 604-257-6980 after 10:15am on the day of the program. To keep your reservation, you must pay and sign in by 11:30am or risk losing your spot. Goalies play for free and can call at 10:00am to reserve their spot. Maximum 20 players and 2 goalies. Starts October 4.
Park Board Skate Lesson Refund and Cancellation Policy
A full refund will be given if cancellation notice is received five or more days before the start of the program. If a cancellation notice is received one to four days before the start of the class, the participant can either transfer to a future lesson set, if available, or the refund amount will be the activity fee minus the cost of one class. If cancellation notice is received after the first class date and five or more days before the second class date, the refund amount will be the activity fee minus the cost of one class. If cancellation notice is received less than four days before the start of the second class date, the refund amount will be the activity fee minus the cost of two classes. No refunds are issued for requests received after the second date of the program. Fees for one or two-day programs (private lessons) are non-refundable.