Kitsilano Community Centre Association
Kitsilano Community Centre Association Welcomes YOU
Our goal is always to have a full complement of Directors consisting of Kitsilano residents who represent the broad diversity of our community to ensure we are serving the needs of all residents. One important element in our strategic goal is to bolster organizational health; we encourage our patrons to think about the many opportunities available for meaningful participation and leadership at KCC. Become a member of the KCCA or consider joining our Board – You can be a part of program planning and governance of the Association.
We encourage and welcome your participation! If you would like to participate please email email@example.com or alternatively call 604-257-8607 for more information.
The KCCA Annual Report provides an overview of the current Board of Directors, the activities and special events programmed at the Centre and current strategic projects the Centre will spearhead into the coming year.
For a copy of the full 2018 Annual Report please click below:
- KCCA Annual Report 2018 (PDF 3mb)
- KCCA Annual Report 2017 (PDF 3mb)
- KCCA Annual Report 2016 (PDF 3mb)
- KCCA Annual Report 2015 (PDF 3mb)
Current projects :
- Water Park – Considerable progress has been made on the design of our new water park which the Association is cost sharing with the Park Board. Construction is scheduled to take place in the fall of 2019 and completion is scheduled for May 2020. This will be a great addition to our facilities, especially for young families. – Completion is still slated for May 2020 in anticipation of another gorgeous Vancouver summer.
- VanSplash/VanPlay – Park Board has developed two very major, comprehensive 25 year strategies for the future of aquatic and recreational infrastructure and services in Vancouver, known respectively as VanSplash and VanPlay. The Park Board Commissioners have recognized the absence of meaningful community consultation and engagement, and took steps to establish a Citizens Advisory Panel to review the recommendations in the VanSplash Report. Our Board has taken the position that, regardless of the Panel’s recommendations, there must be robust, meaningful consultation with the Kits community before any decisions are taken to reconfigure the community centre. – Final report has been approved; More details are available about the VanSplash Strategy on the City of Vancouver’s website.
- Whirlpool – Concern surrounding the future of the whirlpool: Park Board staff completed a review of the future status of the whirlpools at Kits, Marpole and Dunbar, and recommended to Commissioners the permanent closure of the facilities. Commissioners held consultations at Kits and Dunbar to hear from patrons who expressed strong opposition to the closures. In the end, the decision was taken to reopen the whirlpool at our Community Centre. . An exclusive Park Board project; the facility is set to reopen in May 2020 once construction is complete.
- Access to facilities at Kitsilano Secondary School – The Centre is in need of more programming space which is available at KSS during non-school hours. The issue of community centre access to school facilities has been taken up at senior management levels of both the Park Board and the School Board, as we now know that many community centres need access to more programmable space. We will be working closely with the other centres throughout the year to resolve this matter.
- •Artist in Communities Project – Commencing in 2020. Subscribe to our newsletter at kitscc.com for ongoing updates.
Association News & Updates
Thursday, April 16, 2020- POSTPONED In light of the recent closures the AGM has been postponed. The final date will be published once more information is received and the facility is re-opened to the public. Meet current members of the Kitsilano Community Centre...
Artists in Communities Project is currently underway - Isabelle and Willoughby are our chosen Artist in Communities Artists at Kitsilano CC. They will engaging the community (all ages) through different types of art, dance, reading etc with a focus on mushrooms....
Working with the Kitsilano Community Centre Association, the Kitsilano War Memorial Community Centre and members of the community, the Vancouver Park Board will be renewing the Spray Park in Connaught Park to make it more engaging, accessible and sustainable....
Welcome to a new year at Kits Community Centre! We will be hosting another set of Patron Appreciation events early 2020; The event will take place in the Centre Lobby and will be an opportunity for you to meet the Association Directors and Park Board staff – who are...
The Kitsilano Community Centre is an inclusive, service oriented community organization, which strives to provide innovative, creative, quality services that have a positive impact on our community In accordance with the Joint Operating Agreement between the Kitsilano...
Welcome to the Summer at Kitsilano Community Centre The Kitsilano Community Centre Association (KCCA) held its Annual Meeting on April 18th. For a copy of the full 2018 Annual Report please visit our website at kitscc.com or by request at firstname.lastname@example.org The...